Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

While looking up my name on Iowa courts online which is a state

Customer Question

While looking up my name on Iowa courts online which is a state ran site for court information. I found a resent entry on me. It says under comments "order stating attachments to mots raised to sec lvl 2" I have called and asked what this means, but I am either left on hold or transfer after transfer. Never having my question answered.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What does this mean? and how do I find out what's going on?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. The best way to find out what's going on is to go to the courthouse and request to see a copy of your file. You're allowed to read and look at it while standing there, and you should also be able to make copies for a small fee. That way, you can see: if the case is even about you (it could be someone else with the same name); what the original Complaint says you did; what, if anything, has happened in the case so far; when this happened, and that will help you determine whether you need to take it all to a local attorney or if there's anything else you can do. But the starting point is to look at the file, because that will give you significantly more information. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Did you need any more help with this?