Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

What can be done about back billing billed

Customer Question

What can be done about back billing for incorrectly billed child care expenses in California? Our child care provider has come to us stating that they've found an error in the billing of the child care and have given us a bill for $5,298.21 for the 2015-2016 school year which started at the beginning of September 2015.
Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of this situation. If you are under contract for a certain amount and the billing was made in error and not deliberate, then you are responsible for the bill, unfortunately. You may try to work out a payment plan to add the balance due to your future payments until it is paid off. But is they bring this to court, and if you cannot prove that the wrong billing was intentional and not an honest mistake, then I suggest they will win the judgement.
Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard.