RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I HAVE A BUSINESS PARTNER THAT I HAVE CAUGHT STEALING. WE ARE

Customer Question

I HAVE A BUSINESS PARTNER THAT I HAVE CAUGHT STEALING. WE ARE IN OHIO. IVE RECENTLY FOUND HE HAS A FTA WARRENT IN ARIZONA. HE HAS SEVERAL RUN INS WITH THE LAW IN OHIO BUT THEY CAN NOT ACT ON HIS WARRENT IN OHIO. HOW DO I GET THE AREA OF THE WARRENT TO NATIONWIDE SO THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES CAN ACT ON THIS WARRENT
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.When a warrant is issued in the United States, it is registered with the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), a division of the FBI. NCIC is a computerized index of criminal justice information (i.e. criminal record history information, fugitives, stolen properties, missing persons). It is available to Federal, state, and local law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies and is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This resource may be accessed only by law enforcement and relied upon to arrest wanted individuals. So the warrant will show up when they say, are stopped for a traffic stop. It's therefore not that the warrant isn't valid. The warrant is valid nationwide. The issue is that if this is for a minor charge, like a misdemeanor, the prosecutor likely isn't interested in paying the cost of extradition. You can contact the prosecutor's office in the county in Ohio and inform them that your business partner is wanted on a warrant and is in Arizona and see if they are interested in picking him up, but that's about all you can do. It's within their discretion, ultimately. That said, you can also file a police report in Arizona for the theft against your business, which can result in him being charged in your state. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist you further. Thank you.
Just checking in to see if you needed any additional information about this matter? If not, please remember that experts on this site work on the honor system, and we are not paid until you leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (even though you may have placed a deposit with the site). As always, if you need additional information, simply REPLY, and I am happy to continue assisting you