Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

What recourse do I have when myself and my husband discovered

Customer Question

What recourse do I have when myself and my husband discovered that his mother told or doctor that we were selling our medications on the streets and the doctor has now dropped us as patient's?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. If those statements were false, then you can sue his mother for defamation of character. If you ultimately win your case, you can present the ruling to the doctor who may then decide to take you back. A physician ultimately make their own decisions about who they provide medical care to so no one can force them to maintain you as patients, however, the judgement may help. Or, if you can get your mother-in-law to go back to them and tell them she made a false statement, which I assume she isn't likely to do, the doctor might change their mind in that case. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/Thank you.