Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a seller on Amazon. JA: The Lawyer will need to help

Customer Question

Hi, I am a seller on Amazon.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: They identified one of my product as a laser pointer, which is prohibited to sell on Amazon. But, in fact, my product is a LED bulb. So I tried to tell them about this, and they insisted that it is a laser one. It seems that they have a very different definition of laser from rest of the world, which they did not inform me before I list my product. Can I sue them for wasting my time and money?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, Amazon has the right to dictate what they have on their site. They may define products as they wish and those agreeing to their terms to post on their site have to follow those rules. You can file an appeal to them with the product specifications, but ultimately if they do not want to allow the product for sale on their site, they legally can prohibit it from being sold on the site and the seller would not have a legal basis for claim against them I am afraid.