Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I got home insurance on my home n i filed a claim they sent

Customer Question

I got home insurance on my home n i filed a claim they sent me a check I got to send the check to my lienholder a few years ago had to send the check to them they didn't send it back to me they put it in an escrow account I'm trying to get my house fix what should I do. My name is ***** ***** and my phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to send the mortgage company a letter informing them of the amount of work that is needed and send them estimates. The mortgage company would have to pay the bills from escrow. So you need to send them the letter with proof of the work being done and then you need to call them to arrange for them to pay your contractors for that work. If they refuse to pay the contractors for the work you are having done, then you would need to sue them for breach of contract as they cannot just keep your insurance money and refuse to allow you to get the repairs made, but they can control the money and pay it out to the contractors to insure the work is actually being done and you do not take the money for yourself and not have the work done which decreases the value of the house that they have a security interest in.