Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My truck has been in a Cummins repair shop

Customer Question

My truck has been in a Cummins repair shop for 8 days
Peterbilt has sent damaged parts twice, I'm losing money everyday
Can I get a settlement for my lost income, hotel rooms, and car rental while I have been detained?
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you answer my question?
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
If there is negligence on the part of Peterbilt that has caused you a loss, then yes, you may be able to sue them to so that you are placed back in the position you would have been if the errors had not occurred. There may be some duty issues. 1. What State is the repair work located in?2. What is the relationship between the repair shop and Peterbilt?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your advice, that's all I needed to know
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Well the answer is not completed until you answer questions 1 & 2 above....