Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I started a company and then closed it three months later.

Customer Question

I started a company and then closed it three months later. Credit card processor continued to take processing fees even though not a dime was ever submitted. I was told by them that I had a contract and had to abide by it for the two years. I called them in Feb 2015 to argue and they sent me closure form which I returned. I still got debited every month.
I called again this Feb and was told the did not have closure on file. They sent me another and I returned it. They also told me that I should not have been debited since my company closed and that I would receive a refund. Never received anything. Just called again and spoke to a supervisor and was told no notes were on system referring to a refund. This was 108 and change a month for almost 2 years. Can you help me?
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1. if the company closed, who was paying the bill all this time?2. why have you waited 2 years to address this issue?3. did you sign the contract personally or on behalf of your company or both?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It came out of my personal account. I never had a chance to start a business account because company went bust.
I did not wait two years. They told me I had to wait two years. I contacted them Feb. 2015 to ask how much longer and they sent me a business closure form. I sent it back and heard nothing and still got debited each month. I contacted them again Feb 2016 and this is when I was told I should be getting a refund and I signed another closure form. Never received refund so I called them today and they say no notes to that affect.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im not sure if I signed myself or my company or both.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
I would suggest that to get a proper answer here, you find the agreement and upload it for our review and further that you opt for a premium services phone call option after that which is as low as $59.00. There is no way to get the proper resolution here without us reading the agreement for details.