Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I'm operating a small business (bar and grill) the building

Customer Question

I'm operating a small business (bar and grill) the building next to us sharing the same outer wall is filthy with mice, bats, trash, and who knows what else. We have started noticing more micell and bats in our building I assume because of the other building. I was wondering if there's any legal action I can take.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can report the owner of the other building to the building inspector and health department for them to investigate and cite the owner for clean up. If not, your only remaining option is to sue the owner for creating a nuisance in not properly maintaining his property and now causing damage to your property by not properly maintaining that property and get a court order for him to do so.