Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My audi q5 was repossessed in the state of florida and after

Customer Question

my audi q5 was repossessed in the state of florida and after paying to get the vehicle back, I go to retrieve the vehicle and the vehicle was so damaged it was not operable as well as damage to the interior of the vehicle. Neither the tow company as well as the auction house are taking any responsibility for the damages. I had the finance company start an investigation and was told they would call me back in 72 hours to discuss. It has been almost 3 weeks and the finance company hasn't called me back and I have contacted them 4 different times and all they could say is "its pending investigation" all awhile I have been unable to work as I use my car for my job and I can't pay out of pocket to have the vehicle fixed because I haven't been able to work. I need a lawyer but don't know where to start.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
note: the car was in perfect running condition and very clean like new interior when it was towed.. and now it is trashed and ripped up. gas pours out from under the car. check engine light is on. computer display in the speedometer no longer works. i had given the tow truck driver the key to the vehicle but he failed to give it to the auction house where he took it the key so they had to fork lift the suv around when they could have driven it normally but the tow guy didn't give them the key *theres even more negligence involved but will wait for your reply
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
Have you gotten any sort of estimate of the damages?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I just received the car today in LA from Miami. I was going to drive it but ended up having to pay for a flight to Miami to deal with and figure out the huge mess the tow company as well as the auction house had created. Then I had to pay to have the vehicle shipped instead of driving it on top of having to purchase a brand new key that cost $390 because the auction house said they never received a key and the tow company swore up and down they never had a key either (after all was done and said) the tow company handed me over my original key that I gave the driver the day he towed the car.. so I've had to pay out if pocket alone for a $280 flight $1099 to ship the car $380 for a new key, I work for a personal delivery service company which requires a vehicle so I've been out of work this whole time so loss of wages. And this doesn't include what the damage of the vehicle is as I will need to have it towed somewhere to have it evaluated as I cannot drive the vehicle. I can't afford any of this especially because I have just relocated all the way across the country.
If it is under a certain amount of damages you can self represent yourself in small claims court if your claim comes under the jurisdictional limits allowed in your county. I think it is fairly clear you would prevail.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know that the loss is going to be over $5000 which is the max in Miami Dade. I do think that a lawyer would be best in this case due to the fact there are multiple parties involved or would it only be against the repossession company as the cause of it all for denying they had a key but had the key the whole time. As I mentioned if the tow driver had given the key to auction house the car wouldn't of never underwent such poor treatment.
I would name all the parties so that you can recover against at least one and let them point the blame to each other. If you need an attorney contact the local or state bar association for a referral.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.