CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Is a Cpn,credit profile number legitimate and if so, what's

Customer Question

Is a Cpn,credit profile number legitimate and if so, what's the procedure to get one
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What information do you need
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No..just want one I was a victim of identify theft before and I was told about a cpn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.
No these are not legitimate.There are a number of forums - usually websites - that are encouraging the use of these alternative identification numbers. They are misleading and the information can get you in trouble. If you use a "CPN" as a substitute for a SSN you are in effect committing fraud.The best place to go for authentic advice on how to deal with recovering from identity theft (as well as how to prevent future identity theft) is this government website: https://www.identitytheft.gov/