socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have next store neighbors that we share a common wall

Customer Question

I have next store neighbors that we share a common wall with. They have chosen to plant Olenanders down that all ,and also completely down in between the houses. They water them so much I can't even walk in my backyard. Its like skinging into quicksand. I aso have puddles of water all along that wall also all of there debris several times a year. I have made several attempts to talk to them but nothing has change. I also have to ckean up all there debus down tht middle of my house. Which I thought it was against the law to plant in between soneones home. So can you please tell me what can I do about this problem. Thank you, ***** ***** A N**** email is,***@******.***

Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.
Hello, The easiest and most cost effective solution is: 1. Hire a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter to your neighbor. The reason for the lawyer is to put some "teeth" behind the letter. If you send it yourself, the neighbor may think you're bluffing.2. If that doesn't work, then sue the neighbor for "private nuisance" in small claims court. You can get up to $5,000 in damages -- which should be sufficient to either cause the neighbor to stop. Because if the neighbor continues, then you can simply file another lawsuit for another $5,000. Eventually the neighbor will stop, or you will own their property! I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!
Hello again,I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!
You have inadvertently opened a new Q&A session, and a different contributor has started a conversation with no idea of what we were originally discussing. Please ask customer service to withdraw the other question and continue with me here. Otherwise, you will be charged twice. Email | Chat | Phone. Concerning my phone number, phone consultation is a premium service (customary legal services fees will apply). I will send you an invitation, which you may accept or decline at your discretion. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!