Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

My landlord wants the full names and phone numbers of all the

Customer Question

my landlord wants the full names and phone numbers of all the home health care staff that i have hired to come into my apartment to help care for my elderly mother. this is a furnished apartment. the landlord lives in the house on the second floor. is my landlord stepping over some privacy issue lines? all the staff that work with my mother have been interviewed and have had background checks.
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Honestly, if she is going to have different workers coming into the home and potentially having access to the landlord's dwelling, then I would opine that this would be a reasonable request. If various people were coming and going from my home on a regular basis, I would want to have as much information about them as possible considering all the home break in's and burglaries that occur..Obviously this is just my opinion, and without some written requirement in the lease that mandates that a tenant provide this information, it wouldn't be an enforceable request. But if she refused, it might make the landlord uncomfortable enough so that they might not renew the lease when it expires......thanksBarrister