Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I NEED A LAWYER TO HELP WITH A CIVIL RIGHTS CASE AGANST THE

Customer Question

I NEED A LAWYER TO HELP WITH A CIVIL RIGHTS CASE AGANST THE ARKANSAS FORREST MED CORRECTIONS FOR MEDICAL NEGLECT ON MY SON THAT HAS NOW ON AUG 22 2015 PASSED AWAY BECAUSE HE NEEDED TO HAVE SURGURY AND THE PRISON TOLD HOSPITAL TO SEND HIM BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THEY THEN THROW HIM IN SALITARY TO LET HIM SUFFER AND DID NOT GIVE HIM MEDICAL THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS IN THEIR AND I CORRESPOND WITH OTHER INMATE THAT WATCHED THIS AND ONE OF THEM CAN'T BREATH AND THEY RUFUE TO GIVE HIM MEDICAL HE PUTS HIS HEAD IN TOILET FLUSHIBG IT TO GASP FOR AIR I DON'T KNOW IF THAT HELPS HIM PUT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE BEFORE SOME ONE ELSE PASSES AWAY YES THE ARE INMATE SERVING THEIR TIME BUT THEY HAVE RIGHTS STILL AND ARKANSAS PART OF CLEAN AIR ACT WHY IS THIS JUST A ACT OR ARE NOT IM SEEKING HELP THERE IS MORE THEY SENT HIS MY SONS MEDICAL TO ME HE HAD GROUND GLASSIN HIS BODY WITCH WAS CAUSEING THE BLOCKAGE OF HIS BAWL AND HAD DOCTORS SEND HIM BACK AND FOUND CHEMICIAL IN HIS LUNGS FROM WHAT??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your son's treatment at the hands of the Department of Corrections. Unfortunately lawyers here cannot take on actual cases, because JustAnswer is not a law firm. The most we can do is to direct you to who can give you direct assistance with this. Your best resource, unless you can afford to hire a private civil rights lawyer, since this is very definitely a civil rights violation, would be to contact the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU has been advocating all over the country for inmate rights and if Arkansas conditions are as bad as you have indicated, they may already be involved in actions against Corrections. In any case, even if they cannot specifically take on your son's matter, they have branches all over the country and should be able to refer you to a local, experienced civil rights attorney who can aid your son.