Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Im a G5 visa. Im domestic employee. Because i stop working

Customer Question

Hi. Im a G5 visa. Im domestic employee. Because i stop working for the family my visa will be cancel soon. I found another family who want to hired me. But they can't give me a g5 visa. But they will give me a work contract. Can i use this work contract to apply for a work permits?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid there is no work permit without you having a sponsor. If the other family cannot sponsor you for a work visa, I am afraid you would have to leave the US until you can find one who is able to do so. In the US, you must have someone to sponsor a work permit and there are no general work permits that are issued to allow someone to work wherever they choose.