Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I know a farmer who just sold his farm now he

Customer Question

I know a farmer who just sold his farm for millions now he has no job and is collecting unemployment is this legal?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Actually, it is not, in and of itself, illegal to accept unemployment benefits when the recipient has assets, investments, real estate, etc.What makes it illegal is if they accept WAGES during the time they are receiving unemployment benefits.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.