CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I need a complaint foam for a lawsuit against a bar owner

Customer Question

i need a complaint foam for a lawsuit against a bar owner that I have a default
judgment against but he has moved to another location in the district of columbia.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.
Dear Customer,If I understand correctly, you already have a judgment against this individual.So your next step is going to be actual collections - you do not need to file a second lawsuit or complaint.I am providing you with a link to the DC Courts small claims handbook - in it you will find a section on "judgment enforcement" (the last portion of the handbook) the information there applies to all types of judgments (regardless of amount) and gives you information on how to go about placing judgment liens, using bank levies, and wage garnishment, to enforce your judgment. (This can be done at your debtor's new bar, or any other business, investment, home or other property he owns).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
William BYou did not answer my question! GO BACK AND READ MY QUESTION
You gave me an answer for a small claims judgment.I HAVE A $ 475,000 JUDGMENTAllen
Dear Customer,As I noted in my answer above, the information I provided to you in the small claims judgment packet applies to ALL judgments (including your half million dollar judgment).The reason I provided you with the small claims packet is that it is a quick and easy reference guide to provide you with an overview of how to pursue collections against a judgment debtor, the alternative is to give you the link to the DC code books which can be quite cumbersome to read, but here they are: