P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

My 10 year old and 20 year old daughters are being threatened

Customer Question

My 10 year old and 20 year old daughters are being threatened over the Internet with bodily injury and death by numerous young adults. Its been going on for over a month. Ive showned the videos to police and was told that they cant do anything. So its okay for an adult to threaten to indicate that they would hurt someone as young as 10 and send them to heaven? Can i hire an attorney to do something since cops wont? Or do i loose my freedom trying to protect my daughters and property.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma.THe police have "discretion"...this means that you can not force them to investigate any particular complaint. So they can refuse to prosecute.However, what you are describing, you could hire an attorney and sue the perpetrator of these crimes in civil court to hold them liable. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
HiExperts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. Please rate the answer so I may receive creditThanks for your understandingPhil
Customer: replied 5 months ago.