Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My tenant calimed a slip and fall accident at 6.00am one morning

Customer Question

my tenant calimed a slip and fall accident at 6.00am one morning due to black ice so he
claimed. i immediately was called, left my bedroom and disputed that we had blace ice
on our property. i was 38 degrees out at the time. we after 2 years are set to appear in
court. my insurance has a 300,000 coverage and my insurance company has offered the
tenant 100,000 that has been refuased by his attorney. what are my rights in this case.
should the i nsurance protect me, the policeholder against a court apperance where a trial
could actually cost me the homeowner anything over 300,000
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? That is, you ask "what are my rights"...that is a broad question. What are you asking? Are you asking if they can sue you for over $300K?