MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I am 71 years old operating a small shoe repair in florida,

Customer Question

I am 71 years old operating a small shoe repair in florida, to supplement my social security. I was tricked into a lease contract with northern leasing,whithin a month of receiving the equipment and a copy of the lease I sent everything back they have been calling constently since oct 2015, I explained in a letter that the rep lied to me and and at my age aand with my medical conditions I would never knowingly sign a contract for 4 years I may not be working that long,they don't seem to care
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: i have turned this over to the florida attorney general this company has quit an extensive reputation for defrauding people, im just worried about a law suit, it would be devastating to me and my wife
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What position have they taken with you? Are they trying to enforce the lease?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they say even though I sent machine back I still am obligated to the lease,i sent a certified letter to them outlining the fact that the rep lied and presented this as a credit card processing agreement, and the equipment was free, now they are just calling,and not always leaving messages
You may want to get an attorney to represent you in getting out of the lease. If you signed the lease, the lease controls what your options are. In other words, the lease should have language in it as to termination, terms, etc. You would need to read through the lease (or have an attorney review it) to better advise you as to what your options are in this scenario.