CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I got my oil changed and the engine blew within a day

Customer Question

i got my oil changed and the engine blew within a day
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation.You can sue the oil change place for "negligence" and "breach of contract" in small claims court (you do not identify the state that you are in, but in most states, small claims court will cover most, if not all of your $3,500.00 replacement engine - see: your small claims hearing you will want to bring a mechanic (or some other automotive expert to testify as an expert witness) regarding the likely cause of your engine failure.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill