Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I have a service dog that is about 6 pounds I live in an

Customer Question

Hi I have a service dog that is about 6 pounds I live in an assited living place and have been threatened with 30 day eviction notices because I was feeding her at the table where she sat on a chair on her own pillow quietly next to me when I stopped feeding her I was still harassed and made to sit in a room away from the other residents and was told she could not be on any of the furniture whatsoever even in her own pillow hand even though there were meds that got dropped on the floor and it was a risk for her so I agreed to the room and then I was threatened by another notice because she supposedly was running around and pooping and peeing all over the place out of control now mind you she doesn't leave my side she follows my wheelchair everywhere I have asked many times to get all of this in writing and have not received anything yet and it's been over a month it has effected my health both physically and mentally to where I'm worry every time I leave my room I was wondering do I have any rights here or not
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.It is illegal for the management to discriminate or harass you regarding your service dog. What they are doing is illegal and you can file a complaint with the Washington State Human Rights Commission. Call WSHRC at(###) ###-####CW 49.60.040 defines service animal as “an animal that is trained for the purpose of assisting or accommodating a disabled person’s sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?