Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is ***** ***** went into a verbal to rent a room

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** went into a verbal to rent a room at 600'mthly, I moved in on the 13th of April...while I was there two elderly women came to the door..saying they knew the residence that lived there..I opened the door took them to talk to the elderly women that lived there.. I left them with the lady they robbed the house...I filled a police report...The owner wants me to pay for the stolen items..she also breached the verbal contract..wanting me to pay her 200.. Every 7 days.She agreed to mthly rent...I have paid her for the 21/2 weeks I have been there now she is saying im a week in the hole!! Help!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon Qwen,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. Are you saying that all you did was show a couple of women back to where another tenant lived and that the couple of women stole from that other woman?2. Did the landlord demand thew $200 per week before or after the theft? Doug