Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My name is ***** ***** went into a verbal to rent a room

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** went into a verbal to rent a room at 600'mthly, I moved in on the 13th of April...while I was there two elderly women came to the door..saying they knew the residence that lived there..I opened the door took them to talk to the elderly women that lived there.. I left them with the lady they robbed the house...I filled a police report...The owner wants me to pay for the stolen items..she also breached the verbal contract..wanting me to pay her 200.. Every 7 days.She agreed to mthly rent...I have paid her for the 21/2 weeks I have been there now she is saying im a week in the hole!! Help!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon Qwen,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. Are you saying that all you did was show a couple of women back to where another tenant lived and that the couple of women stole from that other woman?2. Did the landlord demand thew $200 per week before or after the theft? Doug