Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am looking in writing a demand letter. I'm

Customer Question

I am looking for assistance in writing a demand letter. I'm from New Hampshire, the person I'm having a personal property dispute with lives in TX. Should this matter be taken to court will I need an attorney that practices in TX?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Should the matter require being taken to court, it would have to be in the place where the property is located or where the defendant is located. If that is in Texas, then yes, you would need an attorney to sue in Texas.