Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Real estate question right of recission of signature or contract. I

Customer Question

Real estate question right of recission of signature or contract.
I cite title 45 of Idaho code chapter 16.
Signed a contract under extreme pressure with practically threat of legal death
some foreclossure deed documents, deed in leiu etc.
2 days later when I got a copy by e-mail I found a few errors and departure from what we agreed.
The papers were also shuffled with correct this page notarize that page few days after I signed.
I noticed the parties by e mail that we were recinding the signature and contract as it stood and it needed fixing and the agreements didnt allign that well with a previous mediated agreement. I also mentioned that you cant change things after we sign and before you record. Some of the things to be fixed on the last round were not fixed before the legal gun went to my head to sign them. I don't think I have been so pressured in my life.
I have sent certified mail to all parties as well, a few days after my wife signed with out intent to recind.
The title 45 chapter 16 says 5 business days. we were well within that.
For this recission to be completely valid do I have to record anything?
I sent the recission letter and just over an hour later the other lawyer ran and recorded the erroniuos document I cited in my e-mail.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the agreement was not the same agreement you signed, you have grounds to seek to void the agreement. If you were pressured by illegal threats, that too is grounds to void the agreement. over, when you sign an agreement, you need to review what you sign and they cannot change that after you sign it.
If they made these changes as you say, then you would now have to file a suit to void the contract and get a court to order it invalid.