Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Fraud charges on my Amex-Serve account. Charges are

Customer Question

fraud charges on my Amex-Serve account. Charges are for a company in Germany (I live in the USA) and card was not presented - the claim was rejected and upon their investigation charges were authorized. They have closed my account and banned me from doing business with their companies for life. Claim was filed 04/18, and police report filed that same day- their email requesting documents completed and sign by me within 10 days was received on 04/23 - but by the 26th my account was closed before I was able to send them. I have requested for the information used to come to that conclusion and was told it was proprietary to Amex. Do I have any legal rights? Are they supposed to help me out with the merchant?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Help me understand.... You charge something on your AMEX card and AMEX rejected the charge and now the companies who tried to charge your card won't deal with you? Do I have it correct? This is not an answer – this is a request for information.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No!! There are fraud charges on my acount. Not authorized by me. Amex refuses to help me to get my money back.
That's unusual... what does AMEX tell you to do? They nearly *always* refund money during an investigation.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry - I do not feel you read my complete post. It's not what they usually do, but what they have done it.