Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My name is***** and I'm the owner an Amazon

Customer Question

My name is***** and I'm the owner an Amazon business. We have listed 2 particular products on Amazon for the past 2-1/2 years, and Amazon allows other companies to list their product against ours if it is exactly the same item. In this case it is impossible to be exactly the same since we are the manufacturers of our product and do not give permission for any other company to list their product on our listings.
So in order to get a "hi-jacker" off our listing, we have always written a C & D letter to that company. This has been very successful in the past, but now a professional "hi-jacker" will not remove themselves from our product listing and are lowering their price to win the buy box, keeping our listing from being seen. So of course we will lower our price to win the buy box, but are now losing thousands of profit dollars a day.
Amazon has a system that we can prove this case to them, but we have to do a test buy of the competitors/hi-jackers product, receive it, take pictures of the counterfeit product and send them into Amazon to prove they aren't selling our exact product. Then Amazon will take their listing off.
The problem is, that since "the test buy" of the hi-jackers product is being shipped from China (where our hi-jackers are from), they are allowed to ship this "test buy product" a month later, since they are from overseas and not "Prime". And when it comes time for them to ship the product, they cancel our "test buy", take their listing down, add another listing under a different Seller Account name, making it impossible for us to prove to Amazon that their product is counterfeit while this counterfeit company continues their criminal activity.
Amazon does not have enough employees to care about this kind situation since it happens all the time (I know from all my friends that sell on Amazon), and so they admit that in fraudulent cases where we cannot get a company to respond to our emails, then they suggest for us to have an attorney represent our case by contacting their legal dept.
Amazon has a legal department where attorneys can send legal letters against to, for fraudulent and criminal activities like this particular case. They also have a phone # ***** help speed things up.
I'm really hoping to have an attorney write and send in a legal letter today, as well as having you call their legal dept. in order to receive as much information needed to take care of this problem as quick as possible.
My phone # *****(###) ###-####
My email is***@******.***
Thank you,
Don Rappleye
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you!
Thank you for understanding.