Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

It seems I have to appeal firearm purchases each time.I have

Customer Question

It seems I have to appeal firearm purchases each time.I have always been granted approval numbers after the appeal,but what /or why the process each time?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no ,because its more of a frustration than a problem.Its a process.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Not much to say,but I am asked to appeal each cn and afterward I receive in the mail my approval numbers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not much as I said it it more of a frustration than a problem.Thank You
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You filed your appeal to the FBI Firearms Appeal Unit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fdle
Thank you for your reply.
You need to file your appeal to the FBI Firearms Appeal Unit, which is the federal unit that manages the computer system that is checked when gun purchases are made. If you send the FBI Firearms Appeal Unit all of the documentation as to why you are able to purchase, they will correct the national database and that is supposed to correct the problem permanently including the FDLE computers.
You can go to https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/appeals/nics-appeals-process/appeals-home and complete the process and send them all of the documentation and ask for a permanent correction in the national database.