P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

Now if my boyfriend had my cellphone on him when he was

Customer Question

Now if my boyfriend had my cellphone on him when he was arrested, is there I can get it back ? And the cellphone is under my name and there's nothing criminal on my cellphone
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. You can make the request to the police for the phone...but if there is a pending criminal case, and the police believe there is evidence on the phone (or the phone itself) that supports the state's case? They are not required to release the phone...they can keep it thought the trial process. This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can demand your phone back, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
HiExperts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. Please rate the answer so I may receive creditThanks for your understandingPhil