Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Does a succesor trustee of a irrivocable trust have the protector

Customer Question

Does a succesor trustee of a irrivocable trust have the protector of estate befor they can do anything with the assets
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Does a succesor trustee of a irrivocable trust have the protector of estate befor they can do anything with the assets .I am not sure I understand your question.. What do you mean "have the protector of estate before they can do anything with the assets"?.Are you asking if they have to be formally appointed by a judge before they can take action with regard to trust assets?.Is the original trustee deceased or unwilling or unable to act?.What does the trust state about when the successor is supposed to take over?..thanksBarrister