Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a lawsuit filed against me and my wife .we were served

Customer Question

I have a lawsuit filed against me and my wife .we were served 4/9/16
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: we are not sure to respond or not because we might file bankruptcy
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: my business has a 5 year lease , but I closed it after about 2.5 years for loss . landlord is asking for 100,000 for lease breaking, damages,legal fees,etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I need to respond with denial of claims to the court before 30 days
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: to prevent default action
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1) What state is this in?2) Did your business have an LLC, or was it a corporation, or not?3) Have you filed an answer?4) Is he suing the business, or you, or both the business and you?5 What specifically can I answer for you about this? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!