LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

We have been summons breach of contract..but had been

Customer Question

We have been summons for ac breach of contract..but had been making payments to the law firm.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Its a breach of contract on a credit card. its for 1940.00 I had made two payments to to law firm handling the account..they accepted the payments but received a summons yesterday to appear in court
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.
What is the basis for the lawsuit? Did you get anything in writing when you made the settlement?