Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Some one hit my car in a private parking lot damaged my front

Customer Question

some one hit my car in a private parking lot damaged my front drivers door into it .they say to get three estiments i got them now they do not want to pay that amount .he had no insurance car in his wife or girl friend name. should or can i sue them ?ho yes i do have insurance only liabity
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they will not pay when they caused the damage, yes, you can sue BOTH the driver and owner of the vehicle as well. They are both liable to you to pay for the damages. So you need to take them to court and if the damage is less than $6000, you can sue in small claims court in the city/county where the owner/driver live and do not need any attorney to do so. You can also report this to the DMV for him not having insurance and they will pursue sanctions against him for not having proper insurance as required by law.