Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is***** were in the Cook County

Customer Question

Hello! My name is***** were in the Cook County Jail without receiving my medication. I was diagonised with Multiple Sclerosis back in 2004. I filled out paperwork & had it sent in to Loyola Medical Center to prove my ailment but still I did NOT receive any medication until I reached the penitentiary I was apart of a class action suit but I kept hearing that there has to be a new judge assigned but that was over a year ago. Can you help me?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The case for violation of the 8th Amendment rights of inmates for failure to provide basic medical care is at a standstill I am afraid. The case is still pending from what I can see. The only thing you can do to try to move it along is contact the attorney you signed up with and check with them, because you cannot hurry these class actions, most of which will take several years before they are ever decided or settled. We cannot represent anyone from this site and if you have already signed into the class action, you now have to wait for that to finish and you cannot pursue any other new claim for the same issue.