Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My husband bought stamps from M&M Stamp Traders,Las Vegas.

Customer Question

My husband bought stamps from M&M Stamp Traders,Las Vegas. He paid $10100.00 for stamps. A stamp and coin dealer in Chattanooga,TN where we live valued them as worthless. The last stamp was 3/10/2016, for $3500.00. My husband called him back within a few minutes and told him he did not want the stamp and not charge his visa. The next day the visa had been charged and my husband called and ask why they had charged the card when he told them not to and he didn't want the stamp. Mr Kenneth Wentworth lll, that they would send him a check, Wentworth stated" all you have to do is sign the package and everything would be taken care of". My husband didn't sign and UPS took it back to M&M. They got the package with the stamp in it because my wife called the UPS store to verify. My husband has called M &M Stamp several times and they say the check is on its way. To date we have no check. How can I get my money back for all the stamps that I bought that have no value?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. I'm sorry, I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding some of what you wrote so I may need you to clarify if my answer doesn't completely answer everything that you need answered. With respect to any payments made by credit card, you can just charge it goes back. With respect to any payments made by check, if the check hasn't already cleared you can stop payment. If it has already cleared, and the vendor will not return your funds, you're only course of action would be litigation. You can file an action in small claims court. I wish I could tell you there was an easier way to get your money back – without litigation. I hope that helps. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking.