Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Law Educator only please. So when an international

Customer Question

For the Law Educator only please. So when an international lawyer claims to be an expert what criteria needs to be met to testify in a USA court? Also is one of the criteria that the opposing side's expert witness attorney would need another USA attorney to even speak in a US court? (I thought my judge friend mentioned that there is specific criteria- unfortunately he's unavailable-his mother fell ill)
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The person testifying must establish they have education/training in the laws of Canada and have practiced in Canada or taught there for sufficient time that they can show they are familiar with those laws enough to be considered proficient and an expert.
It is going to cost a little money to get a qualified expert and not just some rookie lawyer in court, but it is much better to have an attorney who has been practicing longer than a rookie lawyer because the court will put more credibility in their testimony than in the new lawyer testimony.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Really, ok are you sure there are no other requirements for this foreign later to testify in a USA court? Such as them needing to employ a different Nevada attorney, etc?
Thank you for your reply.
He needs to prove he is licensed in Canada or that he has degrees and proper background and education in law such that the court can find him a credible expert.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, this hearing is right around the corner so we'll see what happens. Thank you for everything. I will close out on website soon and fix issue again, ugh.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to keep on the site about their technical issues and hopefully they will keep it on their list to repair.