Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I need to file an answer to a citation to the state of TX for

Customer Question

I need to file an answer to a citation to the state of TX for my divorce. I missed court only due to a funeral but have to respond by today.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: it says i can file a simple response I only have until 5 PM today then I will hire an Atty.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I haven't been able to see my kids he lied and got a restraining order and the police Dept has proof he lied plus ibhave his written confession. He got everything since I missed court.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Since you stated that you have until 5 PM to file your answer, I would encourage you to file something however basic it is you should put in there that you are seeking an extension of Time to file a more comprehensive answer and that you are in the process of hiring an attorney. But can you please make every attempt not to miss the deadline. I would also encourage you to call the court But can you please make every attempt not to miss the deadline. I would also encourage you to call the court and the packet of materials for pro se litigants, which should help you going forward. Does that make sense? My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.