Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I had an affair with a superior at the bank I work with. He

Customer Question

I had an affair with a superior at the bank I work with. He got fired. Now they are trying to force me out by not approving my loans, etc. Do I or will I have a case against the bank.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
That would be deemed retaliation towards you if that is the reason your loans are not being approved. You would have grounds to file suit against the bank alleging discrimination and hostile work environment for them treating you this way in retaliation for you having the affair with him. You would need a local attorney to represent you to take the bank to court, but if you can show that this retaliatory conduct never occurred prior to the termination and discovery of the affair, then that would be grounds to support your claim.