legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

On 4-30-2016 I signed to settle a personal injury offer of

Customer Question

On 4-30-2016 I signed to settle a personal injury offer of $27,000 against a van hitting a Metro bus my Attorney told me this has nothing to do with him going after the Metro city bus which I believe caused my injuries when it ran off the road and slammed the brakes causing my injuries 8 herniated dic's and shoulder tear on my right shoulder but my left shoulder hurts more that my right. Now the check is in the mail my part after legal cost and medical is only $11,000 if I do not cash the check can I change my mind and the attorney gave me nothing in writing about going after Metro Bus what can I do?. Houston Texas I have tried to dismiss this Law firm on at least 5 times.
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.
Was a release signed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes a release on the company covering the van. Not Metro.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Metro has its own coverage provider.
One should review the release to ensure that it covers only the van and not the bus; if the release does not cover the bus, then a suit can be brought against that company so long as the statute of limitations has not run. The statute of limitations for personal injury is 2 years: Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.003(a) One can dismiss the law firm by requesting that they sign a substitution of attorney, naming the new attorney as attorney of record.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am I also releasing Metro the driver instead of braking went faster trying to split the van in half and kill the people in the van the van moved from between the bus and light pole some 60 feet away the bus driver slammed the brake when she saw the light pole and slammed the brakes I saw 2 to 3 men go from the back of bus to the front I had a chair in front of me the chair kept me from sliding. This injuried me more
the release should state exactly which parties/companies are being released.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
$47.00 dollars now $59.00 no Answer forget it seems like a rip-off. I want my money back.
The additional fee is for a phone call-that is autogenerated by the site. I don't participate in that service so that won't be charged.