Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

After having not worked months, I took a very beloved

Customer Question

After having not worked for several months, I took a very beloved and valuable ring into a pawn shop. I mistook the due date by one week and now I do not know if I have any recourse to get this ring back.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. The first thing you can do is look at your agreement with the pawnshop, if there is one. If it's not favorable to you, the best thing you can do is essentially throw yourself at the mercy of the pawn shop folks. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking.
While legally there's not much that can be done if the contract is not favorable, since you are dealing with a human being oftentimes if you have a compelling enough story someone will be willing to listen. I hope that helps.