Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I bought concert tickets concert through Ticketmaster.

Customer Question

I bought concert tickets for a concert through Ticketmaster. The published pre sale was for 4/29 yet their automated ticket vending site was open and I secured tickets on 4/23. They emailed me a purchase confirmation and withdrew funds from my credit card, They cancelled my tickets 0n 4/27 explaining they had offered them early by mistake. I see this as offer and acceptance. Do they have the right to do so just because they are incompetent?.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. Your question was: Do they have the right to do so just because they are incompetent? The answer is, kind of. There is a defense to the formation of a contract known as "mistake" which I assume is what they are going to claim. That means that, if you were to sue them and if the judge agreed that it was a mistake then the damages would be limited to a rescission of the contract, your money back, and attorney's fees. Since they have already given your money back then all you would be able to get is a finding that they were wrong in selling the tickets and no actual damages to you.