Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Leased my farm with tenant knowing some of the property was

Customer Question

leased my farm with tenant knowing some of the property was for sale...nothing was in lease stating that I could not sale some of my farm. Tenant is has taken legal action against me selling some of my farm.
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..What has the tenant done legally?.Are you selling land that is leased to them currently?..thanksBarrister
I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible..However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions..But if you would like me to help on the website, I can answer any questions you may have here and you have my responses available to you any time...thanksBarrister
I have to step out of my office for about an hour but will check back in then..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
refund my money!!!
I apologize for the delay, I just got back in my office..If you have changed your mind about using JustAnswer, you would need to contact their customer service dept and request a refund which they will happily provide. I am just an independent contractor on their website and don't have anything to do with how they bill customers....thanksBarrister
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. Where are you located?
Are you still looking for a phone call?
If you're not looking for a phone call, I can still answer your question if I get some information from you, which includes what is in the lease. Does it mention anything about your desire to sell or does it allow you to sell and then you have to notify the tenant? Is there anything in the lease about this?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am another expert here. I don't know if you are still waiting for an answer or not, but I will tell you that there is nothing that prevents a person from selling land that is leased. If you wish to go into more detail please send me a reply.