Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My Singaporean husband is currently serving 4 months jail for

Customer Question

My Singaporean husband is currently serving 4 months jail for overstaying in Sabah, Malaysia. How does the deportation process works after he completes his jail time?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Once his sentence is over, he would be released to the immigration authorities who would then deliver him to the airport and put him on a plane out of the country. He would be forcibly removed from the country immediately upon completion of his jail time. He will also be black listed from returning to the country for up to 10 years.