Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in maine and me and my wife have been married for

Customer Question

Hi, I live in maine and me and my wife have been married for 4 years. I am the sole owner of the house we live in and I purchased before we were married.
JA: Getting accurate information about sole proprietorship is key, no matter what stage of the game you’re at. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: we lost both of our children to a rare genetic disease and we are left with tons of medical debt the debt is in my wifes name only. does this mean that they have no legal right to put a lean on my property?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The bills are now in collections and we are concerned about legal action that can jeopardize our home.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear this. Have you filed a declaration of homestead? Seehttps://www1.maine.gov/revenue/forms/property/apps/homesteadapp.pdfandhttp://statelaws.findlaw.com/maine-law/maine-homestead-laws.html