Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have been married 3 years i own the belongings in the home

Customer Question

I have been married 3 years i own the belongings in the home he didnt have anything when we got married we rent i am the only one working he is mean and verably abusive he also breaks things in the home all the time i am scared and worried all the time what do i do we dont have children
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i cant affored one and pay all the bills
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I cant live with this he is a ticking time bomb
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.
If he is very abusive to the point of breaking things, then you need to extricate yourself from the situation. You would have to look for another place to live or file for Restraining Order to prevent him from coming to the apartment. You may also consider at this point calling legal services in your area for free legal assistance to file for divorce for you. Best wishes, Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.