Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I'm thinking of leasing my horse on my property. The lesser

Customer Question

I'm thinking of leasing my horse on my property. The lesser will not be boarding the horse off my property. What must I do legally to ensure if they are hurt on my property or by my horse that I am not held accountable and/or legally insured?
Thank you!
Darcy
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You need a signed release here for anyone riding the horse to protect yourself. Sample http://www.koliequestrian.com/pdf/Waiver.pdf Keep these on file for everyone who rides, no release no riding.This offers you protection legally if they are injured here. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and good luck here with all of this.
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
Darcy if you can positive rate when we are through it is always much appreciated.