Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

I have a contract from last June that is

Customer Question

I have a contract for services from last June that is incomplete. The contractor no longer has the same phone number and I am unable to contact him. How do I void the contract?
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 months ago.
Hello there --If the contract has not been completely performed more than a year after it was supposed to be then I would say that you have a very good case for breach of contract against the contractor if he does not come back to complete the services. However, if you truly need to void the contract in writing, then you should put it in writing and send it to his last known address with a proof of mailing from the post office (it costs about 80 cents to send a letter and get proof of mailing from the PO). Even if he claims he never received it, you have proof of the last known address to you and he never provided a new one so it is his responsibility to put a forwarding address /=I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. If not , can you please press a positive rating under the chat session above so I will be paid for my time assisting you today. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above before leaving the webpage. Doing so will not cost additional money -- it acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. After you press a positive rating above a bonus box will appear. While bonuses are not required, they are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU VERY MUCHMARY