Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need a terms and conditions written business website.

Customer Question

I need a terms and conditions written for my business website. Where do I get started and who can I talk to about that.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
1. WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS ARE YOU STARTING ONLINE?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We haven't registered it yet but we are going to start an LLC. It's a creative writing site we're working on where aspiring authors compete to write the most compelling short stories in a unique platform. Our main concern is with intellectual property. The idea is that writers will submit their best work and are allowed to submit as much or as little as they like, and after a period of time we will publish the best overall stories. The idea is that writers will be willingly turning over their stories to us for us to publish their work at a later date. Intellectual property, as I said, is our concern and we really need a professional terms and conditions written up for our site.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
I will need to opt out and let another expert try to assist you as I don't have much experience in this area. Your deposit is still in tact.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed NY attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law cases and appeals. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Oh, keep in mind that at the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Thanks! I have done terms and conditions before. I'm a writer, a lawyer and a legal writer, but to do terms and conditions is a much higher charge than what is here. I do this for freelance clients and usually charge $200-$250 to do that. I don't know if you want to pay that much but freelance lawyers like me get that amount for doing terms and conditions. That's totally up to you. I just thought I would offer and if you're not interested, that's fine.
I apologize, I didn't mean to opt out. I am available if you want to discuss doing terms and conditions.
If you are interested in my services, please let me know, otherwise I will opt out so someone else can answer this. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am interested. But it may be a little while before I actually need the Terms and Conditions written. What is the best way to search for lawyers who also might be able to write Terms and Conditions. I am still just doing preliminary research. Thanks.
I just saw your response. I wish I could help you but I can't give information about competing websites, I'm sorry. I will opt out and if you want to hire me for that you can find me here. Someone asking me a question will generate an email into my inbox. Best of luck.NYFamilyAttorney