Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

That much I surmised from misc. web posti ngs. So now, what

Customer Question

That much I surmised from misc. web posti ngs. So now, what can be done to reduce the fees. They are in multiple courts. Also, can the car be sold for salvage or parts without dealing with the fees. The car is worth about what the fees are. Lastly, if the car is sold for parts, what happens to the fees. Do they remain a debt i must pay anyway?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sell the car for scrap, but this issue does not go away because the state can still pursue you for fines and penalties by putting a hold on your driver's license, which means that whatever state you are in can prevent you from renewing your driver's license until they are paid. CA is notorious for pursuing collections and sometimes it takes them a year or even several years to put the hold into the national driver's license violator database, but they do it and when they do then you have to pay them off to get your license renewed no matter what state your license is in.