Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question in regarding my right to privacy. Im

Customer Question

Hello i have a question in regarding my right to privacy. Im a tentant and my landlord entered my apartment with a 48 hr notice. Unfortunately when they entered they found contraband while checking the fire extinguisher. The landlord found it that morning i assume. But by 3 pm police were knocking on my door with a search warrant for that contraband or anything they thought i might have in my possession. The officer told his reason for the search and i gave him the contraband which was a rolled up joint. Shortly after the landlord with out a warning or no prior violations told me that i have five days to leave voluntarily or get evicted. My question is was it illegal for my landlord to enter my apartment without given notice? I accept the actions of my family member but i feel like the issue was blown out of proportion. Please shed some light please.....
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Just to be clear, you mentioned above that the landlord gave a 48 hour notice to enter but then stated they entered without giving notice? Can you just clarify this?